I’m excited! She talks faster than Matt?? Fantastic!
The Great Jenna-Louise Coleman Roundup Super Post.
First: thanks to everyone for hanging in there today as this blog became a Jenna-Louise Coleman Appreciation Blog. It’s been two years since the last companion change. Moments like this are rare so we have to make the most of it.
As most of you should know by now, actress Jenna-Louise Coleman was announced as The Doctor’s next companion beginning with the 2012 Christmas Special.
So who is Jenna-Louise Coleman? So glad you asked!
Later this month she’ll appear in an ITV dramatic miniseries about the sinking of the Titanic. The title of the series is ‘Titanic’.
She’s also the voice of Melia in Xenoblade for Wii.
You can see clips of her work on other shows over at Anglophenia.
Best of all, according to Steve Moffat, she’s clever:
“I think she’s possibly the only person I’ve ever heard go faster than Matt.”
When she found out that she got the part, she was in a store holding an avocado.
This has led to a good-hearted but comical Whovian takeover of the ‘avocado’ tag on Tumblr thus confusing healthspo/thinspo Tumblrs everywhere.
David Tennant approves as do former Classic Who companions Katy Manning and Anneke Wills. Matt is so excited that he sent her a very Matt-sounding text.
We assume he sent it before he and Arthur started posting pictures to Twitter and Instagram.
Yes it is, Arthur. Yes. It. Is.
Speaking of Twitter, Jenna doesn’t have one. Yet.
Beware of imposters.
Also, there was news about episode count for series 7:
There will be 6 episodes this year, including the Christmas Special, then 8 next year. Again, Jenna’s character will first be seen at Xmas.
And Steven Moffat revealed a big spoiler >DO NOT CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK!!!< which we hid behind a ‘Read more’.
So that’s it for today. We’re sure that we’ll have more as the days and months go on.
Welcome to the family, Jenna-Louise Coleman. We’re all a bit mad here and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- cloysterbell likes this
- immies-christmas likes this
- holmes-duck reblogged this from doctorwho
- lesophiste likes this
- stormageddonthedarklord likes this
- carrizi reblogged this from doctorwho
- maggieisaferociousbeast reblogged this from conventionalranger
- timecurve likes this
- vulpescor reblogged this from theoriginalspike
- theoriginalspike reblogged this from nonlinear-nonsubjective
- nonlinear-nonsubjective reblogged this from tardisbluewizardrobes
- buenonacho likes this
- iamdefinitelyamadgirlwithablog reblogged this from letsboldlygomotherfuckers
- mydeardeadpond reblogged this from letsboldlygomotherfuckers
- letsboldlygomotherfuckers reblogged this from piledriverwaltzer
- ifoundmyimpossiblegirl likes this
- sw0rdswllngwh0r reblogged this from fuckyeahjennacoleman
- qqgifs likes this
- queer-normative reblogged this from crystalfriedman
- theseainaglass likes this
- ktthemisfortunefairy reblogged this from doctorwho and added:
- cifer reblogged this from doctorwho
- come-along-sexy reblogged this from fuckyeahjennacoleman
- notsosonicscrewdriver reblogged this from anirishnorwegian
- anirishnorwegian reblogged this from trueamericanenglish
- lumpyspacepansy likes this
- wholehalfthird likes this
- vagabondoperatic likes this
- josswhedone likes this
- aquietnerdything reblogged this from fannishminded
- theprettiestman likes this
- trueamericanenglish reblogged this from fannishminded
- mssissypooh likes this
- brilliantly-lovely likes this
- danzku reblogged this from fannishminded
- fannishminded reblogged this from bleeriosarchive
- emmacat reblogged this from doctorwho
- elenaflutterby likes this
- puppy-eater reblogged this from doctorwho
- wicks-a-chick reblogged this from doctorwho
- jjwillis likes this
- thefanboylarnie likes this
- mini-muzz reblogged this from daughteroftheheart
- behind-blue-eyes-7 likes this
- kittiesnbabies reblogged this from doctorwho
- tainted-red likes this
- soalwaysdance reblogged this from doctorwho
- voice-bending likes this
- eggss-terminate reblogged this from thesarahjanesmith
- iseethesilence likes this